(Re)Introducing Helios

Bill Covaleski unveils the latest addition to the Victory family, only it’s not exactly the first time we’ve seen this beer. V Saison is a marvelous beer, but the larger corked bottle makes it seem a little unapproachable. We noticed that the sales numbers for V-Saison didn’t reflect the quality of the beer so we went back to the drawing boards to figure out how we could fix that without changing the taste that so many people love. Behold: the more affordable Helios Ale.

We’d love to hear what you think of the re-brand and if we read you right.

Cheers!

8 Responses to (Re)Introducing Helios

1. Greg August 14, 2009 at 3:46 PM #

I like a big beer with a cork. Belgium beers do it and do it well. I got excited to see you had a corked 750 ml beer. But your new (re)introduction beer sounds delicious too. Too bad you’re not in my state…yet! I want your beer!

@gcstandi in Kansas

2. Steve D. August 14, 2009 at 5:31 PM #

Time to stock up on the old V-Saison bottles!

3. wilson August 14, 2009 at 8:11 PM #

This is great! V Saison is the one of the best Saisons I have ever tasted, however the price kept me from revisting it much. Can’t wait to get the Helios!

4. Ralph August 15, 2009 at 6:09 PM #

Bill, I thought you were going to pull that bottle out of your pants. Next time, set up the camera at eye level so it doesn’t look like you have a wattle.

5. DJR August 17, 2009 at 4:37 PM #

Bill,

My wife and I love the V-12 and V-Saison, but we tried the Helios Saturday night and have found yet another Victory beer that is awesome. Great job!!!

6. Mike in W.C. August 21, 2009 at 8:03 PM #

Had the new Helios on Sunday, it was delicious. It was so good that I brought some friends back on Tuesday to try it. They all liked it and I must admit it is my new favorite beer. I must also admit I am somewhat new to your Victory beers, I am by no means a beer aficionado, but this is the best beer I have ever tasted!! Thank you for brewing this.

7. Norfolkbarry January 29, 2011 at 6:00 PM #

Very impressed by Helios. Compared favorably with Cantillon from Brussels!

8. Art Fontanella October 21, 2011 at 11:08 PM #

I started drinking Helios about three months ago. Excellent!!! It reminds me of the very good German Weiss beers. I found placing a slice of lemon (The old German tradition)actually enhances the flavor for me and some other folks I know. Good job gentlemen. Respectfully, Art Fontanella, Albrightsville, PA 18210