New Victory Beer On The Horizon

Victory co-founder Bill Covaleski pauses by the source of Victory Beer, the historic Brandywine River.

Reflecting over the years as we approach our 15th anniversary here at Victory, we can’t help but be struck by the realization that Downingtown has made a great home for Victory. From the enthusiastic throngs that crowd our brewpub to enjoy our creative, flavorful beers and cuisine to the natural charms of the area, we are blessed with good fortune. As the active community contributor we’ve been over those years, we recognize our opportunity to both utilize and protect these assets.

Chief among those assets is the pure water we receive from the East Branch of the Brandywine Creek that begins its journey to us just under 14 miles from where we brew with it. We’ll be celebrating this water (insert your lite beer joke here…) with our anniversary beer due to be released February 15, 2011. Now, considering that beer is the product of four simple ingredients, and the three other than water rely on water for their existence, we have a fair amount of latitude in paying homage to water in our beer. So, expect us to play all of our cards deftly, bringing the hops, malt and yeast in harmony, with our great local water as the conductor.

Cheers,
Bill & Ron
The Brewmasters of Victory

9 Responses to New Victory Beer On The Horizon

1. Don Galligan December 6, 2010 at 9:26 PM #

I think what ever you do it should be a reinheitsgebot beer. What better way to celebrate the water than with a simple straight forward expression of the beer that inspires you.

2. Richard December 7, 2010 at 12:09 AM #

That gave me chills!! No doubt you guys will do something awesome. A february release and water is the focus. I have no clue what you guys are brewing up but good god im getting excited!

3. Burt Benenson December 7, 2010 at 3:13 PM #

I agree with Mr. Galligan. Since it will be released in the middle of winter, it should be a strong beer (8% or more). Perhaps a lager in homage to Pennsylvania's German brewing heritage. In any case, knowing Victory's track record, I don't think anybody will be disappointed.

4. Mark December 8, 2010 at 3:03 PM #

Doesn't tell us that much, but agreed water is important. I am sure it will live up to your high standards. I am looking forward to defending my title at the 20th year beer athlelon.

5. Androo December 8, 2010 at 8:51 PM #

Can't wait!

Speaking of winter brews, have you retired St. Victorious? it's not in shops here in NY…nor does the website mention it being in season. I spoke to my local shop and its not on their list of available skus

6. Marv December 8, 2010 at 10:00 PM #

Make some more of that Sour V10

Best sour I ever tasted!

Can you reproduce it or was it serendipity?

7. Joe December 9, 2010 at 3:59 AM #

Can't wait! A new brew! Bring it on so I can have my sister get me a case. Really need to find a distribution channel up here in NE PA, it would be a hit!

8. Wonton December 9, 2010 at 1:18 PM #

Having grown up in Downingtown, I think that East Branch Brew has a nice ring to it.
    Wonton
    Burkhardt Sales and Service
    Gainesville, Florida

9. Brenda Lyons December 29, 2010 at 5:16 AM #

Go Bill! Love the mission! All of from the race team miss you! Keep it real and Happy New Year!!