The Truth About Victory’s Newest Brand: Headwaters Pale Ale

Introducing Victory Brewing Co.’s new flagship beer.

Reflecting over the years as we approach our 15th anniversary here at Victory, we can’t help but be struck by the realization that Downingtown has made a great home for Victory. From the enthusiastic throngs that crowd our brewpub to enjoy our creative, flavorful beers and cuisine to the natural charms of the area, we are blessed with good fortune. As the active community contributor we’ve been over those years, we recognize our opportunity to both utilize and protect these assets.
Chief among those assets is the pure water we receive from the East Branch of the Brandywine Creek that begins its journey to us just under 14 miles from where we brew with it. We’ll be celebrating this water (insert your lite beer joke here) with our anniversary beer, Headwaters Pale Ale, due to be released February 15, 2011. Now, considering that beer is the product of four simple ingredients and the three other than water rely on water for their existence, we’ve had a fair amount of latitude in paying homage to water in our beer. So, we’ve played all of our cards deftly, bringing the hops, malt and yeast in harmony, with our great local water as the conductor in Headwaters Pale Ale.
Creativity in action as the new beer label begins.
(All names and logos are subject to TTB approval)

7 Responses to The Truth About Victory’s Newest Brand: Headwaters Pale Ale

1. Andrew December 14, 2010 at 7:37 PM #

Is this going to be like the APA/BPA you guys had a few years back?

2. Scot December 14, 2010 at 11:32 PM #

Can't wait. Fantastic gap fill for the lineup, at least a gap outside of the brewpub. Great artwork too.

3. Geoff December 29, 2010 at 5:41 PM #

I really hope you use a Fuller's yeast strain on this one.

4. Jeff Tincher January 21, 2011 at 2:52 PM #

can't wait until mid-February. I like the history of how you guys are using the local water from Chester County.
    The package/bottle design looks great.

5. Brad February 22, 2011 at 8:42 PM #

I think I just bailed from SN IPA… Pretty work, fellas!!!

6. Mark March 6, 2011 at 8:57 PM #

I had a Headwaters Pale Ale last night at Max's Allegheny Tavern in Pittsburgh. This is a fantastic beer! I absolutely love the German malt and hop flavor of this brew. It has a great balance of malt and hops and great hop finish. Also, I would love to know the name of the hop that I tasted in this beer, especially in the finish. Thank you Victory!

7. Andy April 20, 2011 at 1:39 AM #

I dont know where else to leave this comment so i will leave it here.
    I have been on my beer journey for 15 years and I have tried every ale/ pale ale you cam dream of.
    Headwaters is so crazy good that it became my go to beer from the first try.

All I can say is thank you and keep it coming!