New Details Added: Dark Intrigue Release Nov. 23

It’s time.

Our Storm King Stout spent the summer in bourbon barrels from Jim Beam and Heaven Hill Distilleries, and has finally emerged as Dark Intrigue. (It’s like Clark Kent going into a phone booth and coming out as Superman, only more delicious and less crime-fighty.)

Dark Intrigue will be released here at the Downingtown retail location on Nov. 23, a day we are calling Dark Wednesday. Not only will you be able to purchase the dark and intriguing boozy beverage, but you’ll be part of Victory history. While this is our second release of Dark Intrigue we are also planning it to be our last. Get it now before it goes away forever.

Here’s what you need to know about Dark Wednesday:

• Dark Intrigue will be available by the bottle and by the case from the retail shop at our Downingtown brewery and brewpub.
• It will go on sale when our retail shop opens at 11:30 a.m. You are welcome to begin lining up earlier than that, and we anticipate that Dark Intrigue fans will start arriving around 9 a.m.
• Each person will be limited to one case of Dark Intrigue, no exceptions.
• The cost will be $15 per bottle, $180 per case. (There are 12 bottles per case.)
• We know you’re excited to drink your newly purchased Dark Intrigue, and we’re excited to have you try it, but under no circumstances can you open a bottle of Dark Intrigue in the parking lot. Pennsylvania has very strict open container laws, and drinking beer in our parking lot is illegal. If you open it in the parking lot, it will be confiscated. We don’t want to do that, but we have to follow the law of the land. So please, wait until you get home to open it so we can all avoid any issues.
• Like all beer purchased at our retail shop, it is not permitted to be opened in the restaurant. We welcome and encourage you to stay for lunch after you purchase your Dark Intrigue, but you will not be able to drink the Dark Intrigue that you bought in retail with your lunch. We will have limited quantities of Dark Intrigue available on draft for you to enjoy with your meal. (Dark Intrigue is not available for growler fills.)
Update: All barrels have been reserved. To get on the waiting list for barrels left unclaimed, email barrel@victorybeer.com. In addition to the beer, you will also be able to buy the bourbon barrels where Dark Intrigue was aged. The barrels will cost $40 each, cash only, and you can buy as many barrels as you can fit in your vehicle. You cannot pay for the barrels at the same time you pay for your Dark Intrigue. We will have a separate station for barrel purchases set up outside. If you want to purchase a barrel on Dark Wednesday, please e-mail barrel@victorybeer.com to reserve yours. You will have to pay and pick up the barrel on Dark Wednesday prior to 3:00 p.m. Any reserved barrels left unclaimed after that time will be sold at a later date.

*BONUS* You may win some fun Victory swag while attending the Dark Wednesday release. We will be drawing numbers every 10 minutes between 9 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. to the enthusiasts in line. If your number is called, you’ll be going home with extra Victory goodies!

What’s so special about Dark Intrigue? Brewer Jordan Sunseri tells you:

A little more about the project…

- K.H.

19 Responses to New Details Added: Dark Intrigue Release Nov. 23

1. Adam Smith October 26, 2011 at 12:59 PM #

Super excited about Dark Wednesday…. :)

I sure hope my family member that said they would go pick me up some will still be able to go….

2. JB W October 26, 2011 at 2:10 PM #

YESS, looking forward to this release so much!

3. Dark Intrigue sucks October 26, 2011 at 7:23 PM #

What about beer fests isnt that open container come on have a fun release!!!!

4. Rudai October 26, 2011 at 7:32 PM #

How many bottles are expected to be available on Dark Wednesday?

5. Andrew November 2, 2011 at 4:26 PM #

What’s the best environment for aging Dark Intrigue? Fridge, or cool dark place?

• Victory November 2, 2011 at 5:01 PM #

We actually give you this recommendation on the case box: “To properly age, store this case upright at 50˚F (10˚C) in darkness.”

Enjoy!

6. Bruce Lish November 4, 2011 at 2:52 PM #

Hey Jordan, Get a haircut, hippy.

7. Sarah November 10, 2011 at 1:42 PM #

So is the only way of trying this wonderful creation by going to the brewery? I am currently deployed and will not be back until after Thanksgiving :(
    P.S. Love you Victory!

8. Adam Smith November 15, 2011 at 10:42 AM #

I think it would be super cool if the Victory staff held a bottle or 2 for Service Woman Sarah.

Just sayin

9. Michael November 17, 2011 at 4:57 PM #

If some kind and trustworthy soul would be willing to pick up a case for an Intrigue-yearning Wisconsin beer fanatic, I would be much obliged. Any takers?

10. Geoff November 18, 2011 at 1:36 PM #

I cannot get off work until after 5PM on Dark Wednesday, what are the odds the brewery will still have a case available at that time?

• Victory November 18, 2011 at 2:40 PM #

We have zero idea of the odds on this. You’re welcome to call when you get off work to see if we have any left.

11. Dan November 20, 2011 at 11:01 PM #

I was hoping to grab lunch with friends while I’m at the brewpub. I’m curious if I can grab lunch at 1130, and then go to the shop for a case of Dark Intrigue. I know there’s no guarantees, but based on the number of cases for sale at the brewpub, would you expect cases to at least be available after lunch?

• Victory November 21, 2011 at 5:09 PM #

Dan – When you show up for lunch, just ask if there is any Dark Intrigue left and how much. If supply is looking slim, you might want to hop in line prior to lunch. Hopefully we’ll have some for you at that time, but we aren’t sure what to expect!

12. CK November 22, 2011 at 10:44 AM #

Victory~
    Can you comment on how many of the 3000 cases are going to be sold at Victory tomorrow. This may help with some of the panic…unless thats the gameplan..in which case I understand

• Victory November 22, 2011 at 12:05 PM #

We will have just shy of 300 cases available tomorrow at the brewpub. We are expecting a good turnout and it is very possible that we will sell through those cases tomorrow. Over the following weeks, a few hundred cases will be distributed to a number of wholesalers across 20 states.

13. Giap Edwards November 26, 2011 at 1:54 PM #

I was lucky enough to have both daughters stand in line for me…in the rain…for 4 hrs. They got a case for me and even paid for it. They won the daughters of the year award! We opened one on Thanksgiving and plan to open anothers at Christmas and New Year. One question: I am storing them in the dark corner of the basement, laying horizon or vertical?
    Love it.
    G.

14. Joel February 3, 2012 at 1:15 PM #

I have to say I enjoy the beer, the wait was long but OK. Now to see it on the shelves at Wegmans for considerably less than the release price was very disappointing, to say the least. Good marketing on your part to insinuate that “300 cases” were it, or maybe I missed something. I still like the beer and got a barrel to go.

15. Dan D September 15, 2012 at 9:20 PM #

I found this great beer this past Spring and since the early Summer of 2012, I have had quite a long stint of not finding it anywhere in the Southeast, despite considerable effort.I consider myself quite lucky to have recently found a store that was bright, intelligent, and ingenious enough to purchase enough Dark Intrigue to allow my purchase nearly a year after being brewed. Dark Intrigue is amazing. It is awesome. It is the greatest. Please continue to brew this beer and you will have many endearing and enduring customers.