Victory Answers Your Questions

It’s time to answer all of your most pressing Victory questions! E-mail brewmaster@victorybeer.com and ask us anything! We will respond in a future blog post. Here are the latest questions:

Q: Is Victory attending/competing in the Great American Beer Festival?
A: Yes! We will be in booth C18 serving Prima Pils, Festbier, Summer Love Ale, Headwaters Pale Ale, Ranch Double IPA, Helios Ale, Golden Monkey Tripel and Storm King Stout.

We will also be participating in the Snyder’s of Hanover Beer & Pretzel pairing on Friday, Oct. 12 and Saturday, Oct. 13.

Q: Do you guys ever do anything special for Halloween? Like trick-or-treating for adults?
A: For our local fans, this year we are hosting a Victory-inspired costume contest that we’ve dubbed Get Up and Ghoul. Judged by local beer celebrities, the best-dressed attendees will win beer, swag and more. Get the full details here. Hope to see you there!

If you aren’t within driving distance, we still encourage you to celebrate the spooky holiday with some Victory.  We encourage you to trick out your treats! Try our candy pairing suggestions for turning your kids’ treats into adult indulgences.

Q: Do you ever sell unused or busted kegs to homebrewers?
A: At Victory, we refurbish all of our own kegs in order to continue using them for Victory beer and do not have any available to sell for home brewing. More importantly, we encourage all home brewers to consider purchasing actual boiling equipment specifically made for home brewing.

The solid kettles that you can purchase at homebrew stores have flat bottoms specifically made for the evenly-distributed heating required for brewing, whereas our kegs are not flat on the bottom and are less-than-ideal for using as brew kettles.

Here are some places to visit to find your own boiler:
Artisan Homebrew
Brew-Magic by Sabco
How Do You Brew?
Midwest Supplies
Northern Brewer
Stout Tanks And Kettles, LLC

Q: I recently discovered Victory Lager (it is amazing). But for some reason, I am having a hard time finding it near me, in either MA or NH. Where can I find this delicious brew!?
A: We’re thrilled that you appreciate our intricately balanced Helles-style lager. We are here to help you track it down near you! Try our web-based beerfinder OR download our free mobile app for Android or iPhone. The app will use your phones GPS system to locate our beer near you.

Q: When is Victory going to release an Alt and a Kölsch (because they would be delicious), and let the fierce rivalry play out within the confines of the brew pub?
A: Good news! We do brew both a Kölsch and an Alt, which are available on-draft at certain times during the year. Our Kölsch is released annually, usually in June and our Altbier is typically available in August.

We have never released both simultaneously here in the brewpub, but we’ve compared the customer commentary and sales, and Kölsch wins the popularity contest between the two.

Keep an eye on our on-tap list when you’re visiting us in Downingtown and be sure to try them when they are available.

13 Responses to Victory Answers Your Questions

1. Daniel Delaney October 7, 2012 at 2:10 PM #

Bitter Sweet

Bitter- Whitney is no longer on menu

Sweet- Moonglow is available

Sunday afternoon lunch at Victory,highlight of the weekend.

2. Bill C October 8, 2012 at 9:14 PM #

Hey Daniel, we hear you. Sometimes we retire beloved menu items to try and discover new loves. Come in soon while Moonglow is still flowing and tell us what you think of The Diane sandwich. Kinda a Ginger / Maryanne dilemma, we know.

3. Kristin October 22, 2012 at 9:36 PM #

How long will moonglow be on tap for?

• Victory October 23, 2012 at 1:13 PM #

We expect to have Moonglow on draft until mid-November. That said, it could last longer or disappear sooner depending on how quickly our thirsty fans drink it up. Check our on-tap list to see what’s available each day. http://victorybeer.com/brewpub/on-tap/ Cheers!

4. Ed March 25, 2013 at 12:06 PM #

Just curious about the Whirlwind. I noticed its at the Pub on tab, but it doesn’t seem like it will be bottled any longer, from what I can gather from the website. My two favorites, the Mad King and Whirlwind, seem like they are never bottled now, and very difficult to get in Sixtels for my home kegerator. The two beers are probably the best of their kind from any brewery these days, and its so hard to get them. Any chance they’ll be brewed more frequently, or bottled in the future?

• Victory Brewing Company March 25, 2013 at 12:34 PM #

Hey Ed,
      We have brewed a small batch of Whirlwind as a limited draft release. The scarcity of Whirlwind in 2013 is based on the fact that our current brewery can only do so much during capacity constraints before our Parkesburg expansion is complete. Hopefully as we grow, we’ll be able to produce bigger batches with bottling!

Cheers!

• Ed April 4, 2013 at 4:20 PM #

I’d like to say thank you for your answer, and I hope that in the future you really think about the beer fans who are into Wheat and Witbiers and continue to develop those types. Like I said before, your Mad King and Whirlwind are probably the two best of their kinds in the market today. I just don’t want fans of those types of beers, to be left in the dark.

5. Sunil June 5, 2013 at 12:45 PM #

Just got a keg of the Prima Pils for my home kegerator. What’s the v/v for this so I can set my temp/CO2 pressure appropriately?

6. Kirbym9271 June 27, 2013 at 9:41 PM #

You guys are amazing. I’ve been lucky enough to visit Downingtown on business several times this year and I can’t say enough good things about your wings or your beer. Amazing. My favorites are: Baltic Thunder, Golden Monkey, Festbier, and Scarlet Fire. You are truly my favorite brewing company. I wish I could take a growler w/ me every time, but I have to fly.

7. Jeff October 31, 2013 at 10:25 PM #

When does Moonglow come out? I thought it is usually out by this time of year. One of my favorite beers of all time!!

8. Ryan Malander February 16, 2014 at 10:26 PM #

Do you guys provide brewery tours or at least provide any kind of free samples at your brew pub? If there’s no free samples, what’s the smallest amount of beer you can purchase?

9. Nikki August 8, 2014 at 3:12 PM #

Hi, I come to your brew pub at least every week and was wondering where I can find your nutritional menu for the food as well as beers? I try to eat healthy and calorie count and it makes it difficult for me to come there and enjoy myself without knowing how many calories there are in what I am in eating. I looked on your site and did not find anything, and also asked at the brew pub and they did not have anything either. Thanks!

• Victory Brewing Company August 12, 2014 at 8:38 AM #

Hi Nikki,
      Thanks for reaching out with your dietary question. We have definitely discussed providing this information in the past. Unfortunately, it is a very involved and expensive program, especially for restaurants who change their menu seasonally. We would like to provide this information eventually, but is not in the cards for us at this time.