Victory by the Numbers
1996 Victory Brewing Company OPENS ITS DOORS in Downingtown, PA
142,650 BARRELS OF VICTORY BEER produced in 2015
10 YEAR-ROUND BRANDS—Headwaters Ale, HopDevil IPA, Prima Pils, Golden Monkey, DirtWolf Double IPA, Storm King Stout, Victory Helles Lager, Vital IPA, Donnybrook Stout, V Twelve and Vital IPA
15 SEASONAL AND SPECIALTY BRANDS— Anniversary Ale, Kirsch Gose, Summer Love, Festbier, Winter Cheers, Moonglow Weizenbock, Hop Ranch, Old Horizontal, Cage Radler, Harvest Ale, Selene, Anniversary XX, Tart Ten, Sour Monkey and more to come!
4 DRAFT-ONLY BEERS released through the Blackboard series
45 PROPRIETARY YEAST STRAINS available to our brewmasters
35 STATES (IN ADDITION TO THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA) that make up our national distribution footprint
9 COUNTRIES THAT CARRY VICTORY BEER— Italy, Australia, Germany, Japan, Singapore, the United Kingdom, Sweden, Ireland and the Cayman Islands
900 TOTAL SEATS in our Downingtown, Parkesburg and Kennett Square brewpubs combined
3 BREWPUB LOCATIONS
Virtual Brewery Tour
Take a virtual tour of our Downingtown, PA brewing facility to learn how your favorite Victory beers are made.
- Victory was founded in 1996 in Downingtown, Pa. by Bill Covaleski and Ron Barchet. They met on a school bus in 1973 when they were in the fifth grade.
- The original lineup of Victory beers was HopDevil Ale, Victory Festbier and Brandywine Valley Lager.
- The HopDevil character existed in Bill’s mind, and on paper, before HopDevil beer was ever brewed. He drew it, and decided he would like to brew a beer and name it HopDevil.
- Victory is one of only a few breweries in the country that uses whole flower hops in its beer. Almost all breweries used pelletized hops instead. Whole flower hops are a purer form, and the brewers at Victory believe they impart better flavor and aroma to beer.
- Victory also brews and bottles its own root beer. The root beer is currently available on draft in the brewpub, and by the six-pack and case in the Victory retail shop.