Victory by Numbers
Current annual production: 93,196 barrels
Square footage of brewery: 100,000 square feet
Year-round beers: 11 – HopDevil, Prima Pils, Golden Monkey, Headwaters Pale Ale, Storm King Stout, DirtWolf Double IPA, Victory Lager, Donnybrook Stout, V-12, and Helios Ale
Seasonal and specialty beers: 11 and growing – Moonglow Weizenbock, Sunrise Weissbier, Whirlwind Witbier, Old Horizontal, St. Boisterous, St. Victorious, Baltic Thunder, Yakima Glory, Festbier, Winter Cheers, Swing Session Saison and Summer Love Ale
Distribution: 30 states, Japan and Singapore
Number of brewery and corporate employees: 60
Number of restaurant employees: 215
Restaurant: 300 seats, 60 foot-long-bar, 24 rotating taps
Virtual Brewery Tour
Take a virtual tour of our Downingtown, PA brewing facility to learn how your favorite Victory beers are made.
- Victory was founded in 1996 in Downingtown, Pa. by Bill Covaleski and Ron Barchet. They met on a school bus in 1973 when they were in the fifth grade.
- The original lineup of Victory beers was HopDevil Ale, Victory Festbier and Brandywine Valley Lager.
- The HopDevil character existed in Bill’s mind, and on paper, before HopDevil beer was ever brewed. He drew it, and decided he would like to brew a beer and name it HopDevil.
- Victory is one of only a few breweries in the country that uses whole flower hops in its beer. Almost all breweries used pelletized hops instead. Whole flower hops are a purer form, and the brewers at Victory believe they impart better flavor and aroma to beer.
- In 2010, Victory brewed 58,850 barrels of beer. That’s 1,824,350 gallons, or 19,520,545 12-ounce servings. If every single one of those servings was bottled in a 12-ounce bottle, and you laid all the bottles end to end, it would stretch from our brewery in Downingtown to Seattle, Washington. Now with 93,196 bbls. sold in 2012 (30,816,810 bottles) we are nearly completing the return trip from Seattle!
- Victory also brews and bottles its own root beer. The root beer is currently available on draft in the brewpub, and by the six-pack and case in the Victory retail shop.