Bill and Ron’s excellent adventure has been frequently scribed over the years: the chance school bus meeting in fifth grade, the thoughtful home brewing kit gift and the friendly rivalry that developed into new careers in the beer industry and eventually—gloriously—into Victory Brewing Company. Still, it wasn’t always sunshine and roses for our co-founders Bill Covaleski […]
Archive | Bill RSS feed for this section
Sales meetings are stuffy, day-long events filled with PowerPoints, statistics and lots of coffee, right? Not here, where getting business done is important, but so is fun. And beer. And beer pairings. And a good throw-down. We put our employees to the test during National Sales Week held recently in Downingtown, challenging them to brew […]
There are a whole host of reasons why we chose to open our second brewpub in the lovely community of Kennett Square. Being welcomed by a family with deep roots in the community as a vital part of their residential vision for Kennett Square was one very compelling reason. The Pia family‘s Magnolia Square will bring vitality […]
On Saturday, April 18, Team Victory and other local volunteers set out to Wyebrook Farm in Honey Brook, PA for a tree planting to help The Guardians of the Brandywine restore the riparian buffers along the Headwaters of the Upper East Branch of the Brandywine River. Creating this vegetated area near the stream at Wyebrook Farm helps shade and […]
In honor of our 19th anniversary, we wanted to share 19 little known facts about Victory with all of you! Enjoy! 1. Victory Brewing Company was originally conceived as Independence Brewing Company. 2. Ron and Bill used to deliver beer in our first truck. 3. Victory was said to have the longest […]
On a humid day in late September, I was thinking about my first encounter with the Brandywine Valley Association (BVA), now 17 years ago. Then, I was pouring our beer for an Oktoberfest event, admiring the impressive Myrick barn as the autumn leaves drifted downward. That day marked the start of a long association with […]
What is more captivating than hope; more spellbinding than promise? Beer, of course. When the beer is the surprising new fascination, it’s an ideal situation for me! So with a great sense of hope and promise, I dove into the mystery of Costa Rican craft brews a few weeks ago. I was very fortunate to […]
Sitting at London Heathrow and facing five hours of internment due to a flight cancellation, I wonder why I chose to do this. Why did I think it was a wise idea to hit five towns in the UK, top to bottom, over nine hectic days, while my family grows frustrated and my lawn turns […]
By Bill Covaleski A recent trip to Pittsburgh had me wistful about a stop that Ron and I had made in that great city back in June of 1995. We were there to work the Pennsylvania Microbrewers Fest for Ron’s employer at that time, Old Dominion Brewing Co., on our way to West Alexandria, OH, […]
By Bill Covaleski With the start of American Craft Beer Week kicking off yesterday, I’ve been reflecting on the craft beer movement. In late April, during a beer dinner at the Flying Saucer Draft Emporium in Fort Worth, Texas, a Friend Of Victory mused on the first beer she enjoyed there. Sixteen years ago she […]
Search the VBC Website
- 20 Things You Need to Know About Victory Brewing Company as We Celebrate Our 20th Anniversary February 10, 2016
- Recipe: Bake Vital IPA-Infused Chocolate Cupcakes for Valentine’s Day February 3, 2016
- Victory-Infused Game-Day Appetizers to Whip Up for a Crowd January 16, 2016
- The 12 Days of December- Last Minute Gift Ideas December 23, 2015
- Tour Victory’s Parkesburg Brewing Facility Today—& Make a Stop at the New Brewpub Too! December 16, 2015
- Difficult Decision June 22, 2011
- More Victory to Love March 20, 2012
- Victory Answers Your Questions October 4, 2012
- You Ask, We Answer June 28, 2011
- You’re Invited: Red Wednesday November 8, 2012
- Brad Katenkamp: I just wanted to raise my glass and say thank you ...
- Administrator: Hello, All of our beers are made with non-gmo ing...
- Vishal: Hi Victory Team. I am a great Victory brew fa...
- Administrator: Hi Mike, All of our beers are made with non-gmo i...
- Administrator: Hi Colleen, You can take our self-guided tour i...