How did one become a craft beer devotee back in the day, like 1985? This was a thought I had while reading up on some current demographic trends in craft beer. Instantly, my mind was transported back to my parent’s kitchen in Collegeville, PA. There in the early 80’s my Dad crafted his first beers […]
Archive | Bill RSS feed for this section
We all know that lagers take patience and time to become the delightful things that they are. But, would you believe that this one took nearly two years to be realized? The first step in the process was in April of 2014 when Albert of AQ Bevolution, our importer into Japan, introduced me to Jason, […]
Bill and Ron’s excellent adventure has been frequently scribed over the years: the chance school bus meeting in fifth grade, the thoughtful home brewing kit gift and the friendly rivalry that developed into new careers in the beer industry and eventually—gloriously—into Victory Brewing Company. Still, it wasn’t always sunshine and roses for our co-founders Bill Covaleski […]
Sales meetings are stuffy, day-long events filled with PowerPoints, statistics and lots of coffee, right? Not here, where getting business done is important, but so is fun. And beer. And beer pairings. And a good throw-down. We put our employees to the test during National Sales Week held recently in Downingtown, challenging them to brew […]
There are a whole host of reasons why we chose to open our second brewpub in the lovely community of Kennett Square. Being welcomed by a family with deep roots in the community as a vital part of their residential vision for Kennett Square was one very compelling reason. The Pia family‘s Magnolia Square will bring vitality […]
On Saturday, April 18, Team Victory and other local volunteers set out to Wyebrook Farm in Honey Brook, PA for a tree planting to help The Guardians of the Brandywine restore the riparian buffers along the Headwaters of the Upper East Branch of the Brandywine River. Creating this vegetated area near the stream at Wyebrook Farm helps shade and […]
In honor of our 19th anniversary, we wanted to share 19 little known facts about Victory with all of you! Enjoy! 1. Victory Brewing Company was originally conceived as Independence Brewing Company. 2. Ron and Bill used to deliver beer in our first truck. 3. Victory was said to have the longest […]
On a humid day in late September, I was thinking about my first encounter with the Brandywine Valley Association (BVA), now 17 years ago. Then, I was pouring our beer for an Oktoberfest event, admiring the impressive Myrick barn as the autumn leaves drifted downward. That day marked the start of a long association with […]
What is more captivating than hope; more spellbinding than promise? Beer, of course. When the beer is the surprising new fascination, it’s an ideal situation for me! So with a great sense of hope and promise, I dove into the mystery of Costa Rican craft brews a few weeks ago. I was very fortunate to […]
Sitting at London Heathrow and facing five hours of internment due to a flight cancellation, I wonder why I chose to do this. Why did I think it was a wise idea to hit five towns in the UK, top to bottom, over nine hectic days, while my family grows frustrated and my lawn turns […]
Search the VBC Website
- Raising a Pint to Pops June 14, 2016
- 3 Beer-Infused Finger Foods to Whip Up for Your Spring & Summer Parties June 10, 2016
- A Victory for Sustainbility! April 22, 2016
- Prima Pils Poached Shrimp Flatbread April 16, 2016
- Follow RJ Around the World – European Edition April 12, 2016
- Difficult Decision June 22, 2011
- More Victory to Love March 20, 2012
- Victory Answers Your Questions October 4, 2012
- You Ask, We Answer June 28, 2011
- You’re Invited: Red Wednesday November 8, 2012
- Administrator: Hi Tina, Moonglow is one of our favorites as well ...
- Tina B: Will Moonglow be back in August? My absolute favor...
- Administrator: Sean, We're glad you enjoyed our brewpub! Hope yo...
- Sean Sullivan: I was fortunate to be up there for a business trip...
- Bill Covaleski: Linda, thanks for writing us. The HopDevil agrees ...