On a humid day in late September, I was thinking about my first encounter with the Brandywine Valley Association (BVA), now 17 years ago. Then, I was pouring our beer for an Oktoberfest event, admiring the impressive Myrick barn as the autumn leaves drifted downward. That day marked the start of a long association with […]
Archive | Bill RSS feed for this section
What is more captivating than hope; more spellbinding than promise? Beer, of course. When the beer is the surprising new fascination, it’s an ideal situation for me! So with a great sense of hope and promise, I dove into the mystery of Costa Rican craft brews a few weeks ago. I was very fortunate to […]
Sitting at London Heathrow and facing five hours of internment due to a flight cancellation, I wonder why I chose to do this. Why did I think it was a wise idea to hit five towns in the UK, top to bottom, over nine hectic days, while my family grows frustrated and my lawn turns […]
By Bill Covaleski A recent trip to Pittsburgh had me wistful about a stop that Ron and I had made in that great city back in June of 1995. We were there to work the Pennsylvania Microbrewers Fest for Ron’s employer at that time, Old Dominion Brewing Co., on our way to West Alexandria, OH, […]
By Bill Covaleski With the start of American Craft Beer Week kicking off yesterday, I’ve been reflecting on the craft beer movement. In late April, during a beer dinner at the Flying Saucer Draft Emporium in Fort Worth, Texas, a Friend Of Victory mused on the first beer she enjoyed there. Sixteen years ago she […]
When Bill and Ron first met in 1973 as 5th graders, their biggest concern was finding a good spot to get into trouble after school. Over their 39 years of friendship (so far), those stresses changed: Who to take to the prom? Where to go to college? How to secure a real job? And then, […]
Back in 1978, Bill and Ron attended their very first concert together at Philadelphia’s premier concert venue: the Spectrum. As they rocked out to Ted Nugent, Bill and Ron became part of Philadelphia’s entertainment history. Little did they know, 33 years later the Spectrum would be just a memory. And they certainly had no idea […]
By Bill Covaleski Sixteen years ago today, Victory Brewing Company was born, so to speak. With the opening of our doors on this day (February 15, 1996) that we officially began operations. Today, as we celebrate the sweetness of 16 years in business, we take a moment to reflect on where we started. Our desire […]
We are absolutely floored by the haiku submissions many of you sent to us as part of our Inspired by Victory Winter Haiku Contest. Who knew that so many Victory fans were poets? Now we are really curious, which came first: the poet or the booze? The purpose of the Inspired by Victory contest series […]
It’s the time of year when many of us take some time away from the hustle and bustle of daily life to step back and really examine all that we have to be thankful for. We here at Victory are lucky. Not many people get to spend their days in a brewery, surrounded by imported […]
Search the VBC Website
- Meet Victory Brewing Company’s Chef de Cuisine, Owen Kolva December 30, 2014
- Meet Victory: Lauren Heald December 23, 2014
- 12 Days of December December 10, 2014
- 6 Wing Flavors to Try NOW at Victory December 8, 2014
- Share the Holiday Cheer – Great Gifts for the Beer Lover November 26, 2014
- Difficult Decision June 22, 2011
- More Victory to Love March 20, 2012
- You Ask, We Answer June 28, 2011
- You’re Invited: Red Wednesday November 8, 2012
- Monster Mutant Mashups? October 14, 2010
- Jimbo: Chef Owen, Some additional focus on gluten-free...
- Loren Whitehead: Interested in learning about your fence like trell...
- Nina M: Thanks, Bill. Happy to "serve up" the good news!...
- Greg: What a picture! Please tell me those are nunchuck...
- Madeline Rice: Hi Heidi! Thanks for your kind words. If you're i...