What is more captivating than hope; more spellbinding than promise? Beer, of course. When the beer is the surprising new fascination, it’s an ideal situation for me! So with a great sense of hope and promise, I dove into the mystery of Costa Rican craft brews a few weeks ago. I was very fortunate to […]
Archive | Bill RSS feed for this section
Sitting at London Heathrow and facing five hours of internment due to a flight cancellation, I wonder why I chose to do this. Why did I think it was a wise idea to hit five towns in the UK, top to bottom, over nine hectic days, while my family grows frustrated and my lawn turns […]
By Bill Covaleski A recent trip to Pittsburgh had me wistful about a stop that Ron and I had made in that great city back in June of 1995. We were there to work the Pennsylvania Microbrewers Fest for Ron’s employer at that time, Old Dominion Brewing Co., on our way to West Alexandria, OH, […]
By Bill Covaleski With the start of American Craft Beer Week kicking off yesterday, I’ve been reflecting on the craft beer movement. In late April, during a beer dinner at the Flying Saucer Draft Emporium in Fort Worth, Texas, a Friend Of Victory mused on the first beer she enjoyed there. Sixteen years ago she […]
When Bill and Ron first met in 1973 as 5th graders, their biggest concern was finding a good spot to get into trouble after school. Over their 39 years of friendship (so far), those stresses changed: Who to take to the prom? Where to go to college? How to secure a real job? And then, […]
Back in 1978, Bill and Ron attended their very first concert together at Philadelphia’s premier concert venue: the Spectrum. As they rocked out to Ted Nugent, Bill and Ron became part of Philadelphia’s entertainment history. Little did they know, 33 years later the Spectrum would be just a memory. And they certainly had no idea […]
By Bill Covaleski Sixteen years ago today, Victory Brewing Company was born, so to speak. With the opening of our doors on this day (February 15, 1996) that we officially began operations. Today, as we celebrate the sweetness of 16 years in business, we take a moment to reflect on where we started. Our desire […]
We are absolutely floored by the haiku submissions many of you sent to us as part of our Inspired by Victory Winter Haiku Contest. Who knew that so many Victory fans were poets? Now we are really curious, which came first: the poet or the booze? The purpose of the Inspired by Victory contest series […]
It’s the time of year when many of us take some time away from the hustle and bustle of daily life to step back and really examine all that we have to be thankful for. We here at Victory are lucky. Not many people get to spend their days in a brewery, surrounded by imported […]
By Bill Covaleski Snow made an early appearance this year when our first wintry storm of the season hit us this past Saturday. Clearing downed tree limbs at home the day after the storm, my freezing fingers yearned for a warming winter brew. As I endured the elements, I began to wish I could simply […]
Search the VBC Website
- Meet Victory: Johnny MacKay July 30, 2014
- Beer Week in Costa Rica? Yes, Please. July 9, 2014
- Breaking news…Victory Brewpub to open in Kennett Square! June 27, 2014
- Meet Victory: Jen Corrigan June 27, 2014
- Bill’s UK Adventure: American Craft Beer Across the Pond June 2, 2014
- Difficult Decision June 22, 2011
- More Victory to Love March 20, 2012
- You Ask, We Answer June 28, 2011
- You’re Invited: Red Wednesday November 8, 2012
- Monster Mutant Mashups? October 14, 2010
- Victory Brewing Company: Hi! You'll be happy to find out Hop Ranch is a wi...
- Alex: Thanks for the reply. Interestingly beer is one of...
- JM: I second this ^. please bring Hop Ranch back....
- Victory Brewing Company: Hi Zac, Thanks for reaching out with your interes...
- Victory Brewing Company: Hi Nikki, Thanks for reaching out with your dietar...