By Bill Covaleski With the start of American Craft Beer Week kicking off yesterday, I’ve been reflecting on the craft beer movement. In late April, during a beer dinner at the Flying Saucer Draft Emporium in Fort Worth, Texas, a Friend Of Victory mused on the first beer she enjoyed there. Sixteen years ago she […]
Archive | Bill RSS feed for this section
When Bill and Ron first met in 1973 as 5th graders, their biggest concern was finding a good spot to get into trouble after school. Over their 39 years of friendship (so far), those stresses changed: Who to take to the prom? Where to go to college? How to secure a real job? And then, […]
Back in 1978, Bill and Ron attended their very first concert together at Philadelphia’s premier concert venue: the Spectrum. As they rocked out to Ted Nugent, Bill and Ron became part of Philadelphia’s entertainment history. Little did they know, 33 years later the Spectrum would be just a memory. And they certainly had no idea […]
By Bill Covaleski Sixteen years ago today, Victory Brewing Company was born, so to speak. With the opening of our doors on this day (February 15, 1996) that we officially began operations. Today, as we celebrate the sweetness of 16 years in business, we take a moment to reflect on where we started. Our desire […]
We are absolutely floored by the haiku submissions many of you sent to us as part of our Inspired by Victory Winter Haiku Contest. Who knew that so many Victory fans were poets? Now we are really curious, which came first: the poet or the booze? The purpose of the Inspired by Victory contest series […]
It’s the time of year when many of us take some time away from the hustle and bustle of daily life to step back and really examine all that we have to be thankful for. We here at Victory are lucky. Not many people get to spend their days in a brewery, surrounded by imported […]
By Bill Covaleski Snow made an early appearance this year when our first wintry storm of the season hit us this past Saturday. Clearing downed tree limbs at home the day after the storm, my freezing fingers yearned for a warming winter brew. As I endured the elements, I began to wish I could simply […]
We get pretty excited about the Inspired by Victory contests here at the Victory offices. So when the first entry in the pumpkin carving contest came in last week, a group of us gathered ’round the computer and waited with baited breath while the photos from a Victory fan named Josh loaded. Would it be […]
By Bill Covaleski Back in the early ’90s when I was busily working as a grunt brewer, I longed to play the incredibly popular game SimCity. I loved the idea of being responsible for building communities based on my priorities and decisions. But, whether it’s because I’m the product of post-Depression coal-country Poles, Germans and […]
By Bill Covaleski Nothing makes you feel like more of a winner than appearing on the same page of a magazine as Carlos Ruiz, the Phillies sensational catcher. When the shared page is part of Philadelphia Magazine‘s annual “Best Of Philly” issue, the winning feeling is compounded. According to Philly Mag, our Summer Love Ale […]
Search the VBC Website
- A Victory for Sustainbility! April 22, 2016
- Prima Pils Poached Shrimp Flatbread April 16, 2016
- Follow RJ Around the World – European Edition April 12, 2016
- 3 Victory-Infused Brunch Recipes You Have to Create (HopDevil Bloody Mary Included!) March 26, 2016
- Creativity Across The Sea- Collaborating With Tokyo’s Devil Craft Brewery March 9, 2016
- Difficult Decision June 22, 2011
- More Victory to Love March 20, 2012
- Victory Answers Your Questions October 4, 2012
- You Ask, We Answer June 28, 2011
- You’re Invited: Red Wednesday November 8, 2012
- Mike: Thanks, Can't wait....
- Administrator: Hi Brooke, The IBU for Summer Love is right around...
- Brooke Storms: why is there no IBU for Victory Summer Love and if...
- Administrator: Hi Doug, I'm happy to say yes! We should see St. ...
- Doug Geiger: Any word on an appearance by St, Boisterous in the...