Back in 1978, Bill and Ron attended their very first concert together at Philadelphia’s premier concert venue: the Spectrum. As they rocked out to Ted Nugent, Bill and Ron became part of Philadelphia’s entertainment history. Little did they know, 33 years later the Spectrum would be just a memory. And they certainly had no idea […]
Archive | Bill RSS feed for this section
By Bill Covaleski Sixteen years ago today, Victory Brewing Company was born, so to speak. With the opening of our doors on this day (February 15, 1996) that we officially began operations. Today, as we celebrate the sweetness of 16 years in business, we take a moment to reflect on where we started. Our desire […]
We are absolutely floored by the haiku submissions many of you sent to us as part of our Inspired by Victory Winter Haiku Contest. Who knew that so many Victory fans were poets? Now we are really curious, which came first: the poet or the booze? The purpose of the Inspired by Victory contest series […]
It’s the time of year when many of us take some time away from the hustle and bustle of daily life to step back and really examine all that we have to be thankful for. We here at Victory are lucky. Not many people get to spend their days in a brewery, surrounded by imported […]
By Bill Covaleski Snow made an early appearance this year when our first wintry storm of the season hit us this past Saturday. Clearing downed tree limbs at home the day after the storm, my freezing fingers yearned for a warming winter brew. As I endured the elements, I began to wish I could simply […]
We get pretty excited about the Inspired by Victory contests here at the Victory offices. So when the first entry in the pumpkin carving contest came in last week, a group of us gathered ’round the computer and waited with baited breath while the photos from a Victory fan named Josh loaded. Would it be […]
By Bill Covaleski Back in the early ’90s when I was busily working as a grunt brewer, I longed to play the incredibly popular game SimCity. I loved the idea of being responsible for building communities based on my priorities and decisions. But, whether it’s because I’m the product of post-Depression coal-country Poles, Germans and […]
By Bill Covaleski Nothing makes you feel like more of a winner than appearing on the same page of a magazine as Carlos Ruiz, the Phillies sensational catcher. When the shared page is part of Philadelphia Magazine‘s annual “Best Of Philly” issue, the winning feeling is compounded. According to Philly Mag, our Summer Love Ale […]
Last week, the Philadelphia Inquirer published a story about Budweiser’s new “215” beer. Bill was interviewed for the article, and it really got us thinking about what local means to beer drinkers and to Victory Brewing Company. If you haven’t read the article yet, the basics are simple: Anheuser-Busch InBev recently trademarked the name “215” […]
By Bill Covaleski Philly Beer Weeks is rewarding on so many levels. The week-long celebration of suds has helped Philadelphia claim its rightful spot as a national leader in all things beer. And with so many exciting and creative events being hosted each Philly Beer Week, the character and individuality of our area breweries — […]
Search the VBC Website
- Recipe: Victory-Infused Thanksgiving Turkey & Gravy November 20, 2015
- The Journey of Hops to Victory Brewing Company November 18, 2015
- Halloween: Beer + Candy = Game Changer October 28, 2015
- Attention Female Drinkers—Why Are You Choosing Beer over Wine? October 9, 2015
- Everything You Need to Know About Victory’s Brand New Community Fund October 1, 2015
- Difficult Decision June 22, 2011
- More Victory to Love March 20, 2012
- You Ask, We Answer June 28, 2011
- Victory Answers Your Questions October 4, 2012
- You’re Invited: Red Wednesday November 8, 2012
- Kevin: Does Prima Pils adhere to the "German Beer Purity...
- Burt Benenson: Just out of curiousity, which of your beers would ...
- Max: Hi Lauren, When will Parkeaburg Brew Pub be op...
- Victory Brewing Company: Hi Gail! Sorry we didn't see this until now. Hope...
- Paul Wish: You guys saved the best for last! Golden Monkey ...