By Bill Covaleski Sixteen years ago today, Victory Brewing Company was born, so to speak. With the opening of our doors on this day (February 15, 1996) that we officially began operations. Today, as we celebrate the sweetness of 16 years in business, we take a moment to reflect on where we started. Our desire […]
Archive | Brewery RSS feed for this section
It’s the time of year when many of us take some time away from the hustle and bustle of daily life to step back and really examine all that we have to be thankful for. We here at Victory are lucky. Not many people get to spend their days in a brewery, surrounded by imported […]
It’s been a long Movember and there’s reason to believe Maybe this year we’ll raise more money than the last We can’t remember the last time your face wasn’t skeevin’ Oh your moustache has grown so fast… *Sung to the tune of Long December by the Counting Crows* Staffers at Victory Brewing Company put their […]
By Bill Covaleski Snow made an early appearance this year when our first wintry storm of the season hit us this past Saturday. Clearing downed tree limbs at home the day after the storm, my freezing fingers yearned for a warming winter brew. As I endured the elements, I began to wish I could simply […]
It has been really fun to gather all of the questions you submit each month, consider your requests and compose our answers. It’s like Jeopardy, Victory style. Of course, we don’t have to answer in the form of a question, so that’s a bonus. But we don’t win money in the end. And Alex Trebek […]
By Bill Covaleski Back in the early ’90s when I was busily working as a grunt brewer, I longed to play the incredibly popular game SimCity. I loved the idea of being responsible for building communities based on my priorities and decisions. But, whether it’s because I’m the product of post-Depression coal-country Poles, Germans and […]
Last week a truck arrived at Victory Brewing Company packed full of delicious fresh hops. This delivery was special, because unlike our normal whole-flower hops, which are dried, these were fresh, only a few hours off the vines at Pederson Farm in Seneca Castle, New York. The flowers were plump and a vivid green. (Seeing […]
Last week, the Philadelphia Inquirer published a story about Budweiser’s new “215” beer. Bill was interviewed for the article, and it really got us thinking about what local means to beer drinkers and to Victory Brewing Company. If you haven’t read the article yet, the basics are simple: Anheuser-Busch InBev recently trademarked the name “215” […]
By Bill Covaleski I have Etta James singing I’d Rather Go Blind playing in my head as I write this. Her take on the song is languid, soulful and resolute. More a statement than a lament. It’s perfectly aligned with the sobering news I have to deliver to you, so if you have it on […]
If you have been following our blog for any amount of time, you have gotten to know a handful of the wonderful Victory staffers who are hard at work to make your beer enjoyment possible. Victory’s president and co-founder, Bill Covaleski keeps you posted about his latest endeavors and travels. You met Berry and heard […]
Search the VBC Website
- Brandywine Watershed Initiatives in our Backyard October 13, 2014
- Meet Victory: Greg Lehman September 30, 2014
- Hoffman’s Hop Blog September 26, 2014
- 5 Victory Beer-Infused Products You Need to Try September 2, 2014
- Meet Victory: Johnny MacKay July 30, 2014
- Difficult Decision June 22, 2011
- More Victory to Love March 20, 2012
- You Ask, We Answer June 28, 2011
- You’re Invited: Red Wednesday November 8, 2012
- New Details Added: Dark Intrigue Release Nov. 23 November 8, 2011
- Bill C: Greg, why are your fingers starting to look like c...
- Dave G: I was just introduced to your Golden Money at a Wi...
- TWilee: I just moved to Leesburg and this is amazing news....
- Victory Brewing Company: Hi Gail! Please email email@example.com. Cheers...
- gail roy: hello i purchased 2 tickets foe my husband for the...