Special thanks to our friend Heather Karl Hufnagel for the amazing picture. If you’ve got a unique Victory Image you’d like to share, please share with all the Victory fans on Flickr and Facebook. What do you think?
Archive | Brewery RSS feed for this section
4. Victory Brewing Company Headquarters: Downington, Pa. Established: 1996 Our Favorite Beers: Braumeister Pils, Hop Devil Most craft breweries leave the pilsner style to the big guys who’ve corrupted it. But like U2 stealing “Helter Skelter” back from Charles Manson, Victory has redeemed the old European style for America with their Prima Pils. While Belgian-style [...]
Developing and launching a new beer takes months and months of trial and production, and during that time the Brewer’s of Victory spend many an intimate moment with the emerging product; tasting it over and over and over again (rough job but someone has to do it). So we thought we would sit them all [...]
Enjoying the beautiful fall weather of SE Pennsylvania this past weekend, my mind jumped back to the prior Sunday, Sept. 27, for comparative contrast. Excited to be riding my home roads with other like-minded cyclists as part of the second annual Bike Fresh, Bike Local, I could not escape the reality of a continual downpour [...]
Victory Brewing Company is pleased to announce our growth into the thirsty Florida market. Consumer interest in our great beers, as expressed via e-mail and on forums, has been high from Florida consumers for years. Fresh Beer, Inc. of West Palm Beach was first to sign on for Victory and will service the counties of [...]
In the spring of 2008, in the midst of the most severe hop crisis in my 20 year brewing career, John Mosovsky of Vista Farms contacted me with an interesting proposition: How would we like to work together to bring Pennsylvania hops into the Victory brewing lineup? Well, considering that we have been active members [...]
This is turning out to be the week of Hereforthebeer.com on the Victory beer blog. After yesterday’s “Darth Growler” video by the super-beer-fans we were pleasently surprised to find part one of a two part interview with co-founder Ron Barchet on Hereforthebeer.com. It’s a fun interview about the history of Victory, our recently refurbished beer [...]
When the super-beer-fans over at Hereforthebeer.com call our Austrian made automatic–growler-filler ‘Badass’, what else would it sound like? This bad boy dispenses up to 20 different beers, only after evacuating the custom made (and equally badass) growlers with CO2. Then they are filled from the bottom with the beer of your choice, and sealed. All [...]
If you don’t know much about brewing the first thing that you should know is that the secret to good beer starts with good water. In fact, one of the major reasons Bill and Ron picked Downingtown as the home of Victory Brewing was because of it’s proximity to the Brandywine River and all it’s [...]
In January the creek was in no mood for intruders. Heavily iced, it hissed its brittle protest as I moved out deeper into the stream, further stirring its peace and fleeting dreams of sanctity. The East Branch of the Brandywine Creek was under siege, but it was not me who was its adversary.
Within my view was the silent site where plans for a 180 room resort hotel taunted and menaced the creek. Seven miles south of me, and much closer to our brewery, plans were moving forward to divert the creek, rip its existing bed open, and strip vegetation from the Ludwigs Run tributary, all to lay a larger gas transmission line in. But under the dark winter sky and these portent circumstances, I managed a smile for the photographer who was covering the article on the Brandywine Valley Association, the creek’s friend and protector. It was a smile born of hope.
Here in April, hope is abundant as rains and enthusiastic anglers have brought vitality back to the stream. And the siege is no longer so lop-sided. The Pennsylvania Dept. of Environmental Protection has
Search the VBC Website
- Meet Victory: Matt Couch February 25, 2014
- Quest for The People’s Pepper: 2014 Chili Challenge February 11, 2014
- Meet Victory: Andy Hoffman January 23, 2014
- Worlds Best Beer Blog: by Jordan Flinchum January 9, 2014
- Bottling Line Moves to Parkesburg January 3, 2014
- Difficult Decision June 22, 2011
- More Victory to Love March 20, 2012
- You’re Invited: Red Wednesday November 8, 2012
- You Ask, We Answer June 28, 2011
- New Details Added: Dark Intrigue Release Nov. 23 November 8, 2011
- jerry cline: I hope that the plans include a canning line. Dow...
- George Melton: Wow, can't wait the brewpub and brewery are locat...
- Beth & Dave Wardrop: Thank you for making the decision to market Victor...
- Victory Brewing Company: It's definitely a possibility!...
- The Duke: With the expansion and the bottling line move, wil...