This is turning out to be the week of Hereforthebeer.com on the Victory beer blog. After yesterday’s “Darth Growler” video by the super-beer-fans we were pleasently surprised to find part one of a two part interview with co-founder Ron Barchet on Hereforthebeer.com. It’s a fun interview about the history of Victory, our recently refurbished beer […]
Archive | Brewery RSS feed for this section
When the super-beer-fans over at Hereforthebeer.com call our Austrian made automatic–growler-filler ‘Badass’, what else would it sound like? This bad boy dispenses up to 20 different beers, only after evacuating the custom made (and equally badass) growlers with CO2. Then they are filled from the bottom with the beer of your choice, and sealed. All […]
If you don’t know much about brewing the first thing that you should know is that the secret to good beer starts with good water. In fact, one of the major reasons Bill and Ron picked Downingtown as the home of Victory Brewing was because of it’s proximity to the Brandywine River and all it’s […]
In January the creek was in no mood for intruders. Heavily iced, it hissed its brittle protest as I moved out deeper into the stream, further stirring its peace and fleeting dreams of sanctity. The East Branch of the Brandywine Creek was under siege, but it was not me who was its adversary.
Within my view was the silent site where plans for a 180 room resort hotel taunted and menaced the creek. Seven miles south of me, and much closer to our brewery, plans were moving forward to divert the creek, rip its existing bed open, and strip vegetation from the Ludwigs Run tributary, all to lay a larger gas transmission line in. But under the dark winter sky and these portent circumstances, I managed a smile for the photographer who was covering the article on the Brandywine Valley Association, the creek’s friend and protector. It was a smile born of hope.
Here in April, hope is abundant as rains and enthusiastic anglers have brought vitality back to the stream. And the siege is no longer so lop-sided. The Pennsylvania Dept. of Environmental Protection has
Search the VBC Website
- Meet Victory Brewing Company’s Chef de Cuisine, Owen Kolva December 30, 2014
- Meet Victory: Lauren Heald December 23, 2014
- 12 Days of December December 10, 2014
- 6 Wing Flavors to Try NOW at Victory December 8, 2014
- Share the Holiday Cheer – Great Gifts for the Beer Lover November 26, 2014
- Difficult Decision June 22, 2011
- More Victory to Love March 20, 2012
- You Ask, We Answer June 28, 2011
- You’re Invited: Red Wednesday November 8, 2012
- Monster Mutant Mashups? October 14, 2010
- Madeline Rice: Nitro is a method of dispensing beer with nitrogen...
- Madeline Rice: Yes, Hop Ranch has a 5 month shelf life....
- Madeline Rice: Hi Mark! We do not date our kegs. The code you see...
- Mark A.: Do you date code your kegs? If so, how can the con...
- Andy: Hallelujah!!! Been waiting ages for this moment he...