At the beginning of July, we announced our first-ever Wet Hopped Homebrewing Contest. We offered up the opportunity for a lucky few homebrewers to join us and harvest hops at a local hop farm. But we weren’t simply asking them to give us free manual labor; as former homebrewers ourselves, we wanted to give these […]
Archive | Brewing RSS feed for this section
How would you like to test your brewing prowess by making a batch of your very own wet hopped beer? For a select few homebrewers, we’re going to make this a possibility. Tell us a little bit about your love affair with brewing and you might be chosen to snag some fresh, wet hops. But […]
By Bill Covaleski With the start of American Craft Beer Week kicking off yesterday, I’ve been reflecting on the craft beer movement. In late April, during a beer dinner at the Flying Saucer Draft Emporium in Fort Worth, Texas, a Friend Of Victory mused on the first beer she enjoyed there. Sixteen years ago she […]
The term Terroir comes from the French word terre, meaning “land.” The brewery here in Downingtown, has become a land of creativity and experimentation as we create the beers you know and love. In fact, you might consider the brewery to be a “Terroir” of Innovation. Why are we providing you with a vocabulary lesson […]
Last week a truck arrived at Victory Brewing Company packed full of delicious fresh hops. This delivery was special, because unlike our normal whole-flower hops, which are dried, these were fresh, only a few hours off the vines at Pederson Farm in Seneca Castle, New York. The flowers were plump and a vivid green. (Seeing […]
After last month’s question and answer blog post, you all seemed inspired to send in more questions than ever. It was great to hear from so many Victory beer drinkers and brewpub visitors. We did our best to compile and answer as many of your questions as possible. Keep reading to see if your inquiring […]
We get so much feedback and so many ideas by listening to our consumers and fans. You all make recommendations, provide constructive criticism and even give us some much-appreciated praise. In the interest of reciprocating, we plan to share our thought process with you. Beginning with this post, we will compile and answer your questions […]
By Bill Covaleski I have Etta James singing I’d Rather Go Blind playing in my head as I write this. Her take on the song is languid, soulful and resolute. More a statement than a lament. It’s perfectly aligned with the sobering news I have to deliver to you, so if you have it on […]
By Bill Covaleski From June 3 through June 12 Philly played host and witness to an incredible 500 beer events, 94 of which involved Victory Brewing Company. From a brewer’s perspective, you can’t help but anticipate this phenomenon known as Philly Beer Week with both elation and dread. Elation is the easy one to explain, […]
Whitney Thompson The idea for Project Venus started (as most good ideas do) over a beer one night. After a day of judging at the Great American Beer Festival, Victory’s own Quality Assurance Manager and former brewer Whitney Thompson and Megan Parisi of Cambridge Brewing Co. sat back and relaxed with a couple beers. Their […]
Search the VBC Website
- Meet Victory: John Coleman July 25, 2016
- Vital IPA Braised Short Ribs, Sweet Corn Polenta and Grilled Summer Vegetables With Natural Reduction July 1, 2016
- Raising a Pint to Pops June 14, 2016
- 3 Beer-Infused Finger Foods to Whip Up for Your Spring & Summer Parties June 10, 2016
- A Victory for Sustainbility! April 22, 2016
- Difficult Decision June 22, 2011
- More Victory to Love March 20, 2012
- Victory Answers Your Questions October 4, 2012
- You Ask, We Answer June 28, 2011
- You’re Invited: Red Wednesday November 8, 2012
- Administrator: Sour Monkey will be released in early August. I su...
- J: Cannot wait to pick up some Sour Monkey tomorrow!...
- Administrator: Hi Tina, Moonglow is one of our favorites as well ...
- Tina B: Will Moonglow be back in August? My absolute favor...
- Administrator: Sean, We're glad you enjoyed our brewpub! Hope yo...