Blueprints are common at Victory…but for a cake! Chef Lynn Tilyou of Victory Brewing Company suffers from insomnia. This paired with her past career helping her mother as a cake decorator, and our 15 year anniversary on the horizon, has given the midnight creative spark, that led to this bold undertaking. The 15th Anniversary cake […]
Archive | Brewing RSS feed for this section
Emerging from true obscurity in a truly obscure location, we’ve had 15 years (almost) to demonstrate our character here at Victory. Early on we debuted the brazen beast known as HopDevil. This menacingly delicious little ruffian assaulted folks’ sensibilities with a heady, citrusy hop bite tempered with a comforting resolution of rich, German malts and […]
Smoldering, fruity flavor emerge brightly from this brown ale, contributed from three directions as juicy British malt, energetic British yeast and fruity robust One Village Smart Blend coffee converge. get ready for characters of black raspberry to emerge from this refreshing and satisfying ale. Watch the evolution of Victory Village, check out the earlier episodes: […]
If you havn’t heard by now the collaboration of epic proportions between Victory, Dogfish Head and Stone Breweries has finally been unleashed on the un-expecting world . . . and we apologize for nothing. Saison du BUFF was imagined many moons ago when Greg Koch, Sam Calgione and Bill Covaleski attempted to incite a little controversy in an ultimately doomed media stunt in the liquor aisle of a grocery store to bring attention to Brewer United for Freedom of Flavor. Though they didn’t score the media storm they had envisioned they did manage to plant the seeds for something with a litte more taste . . .
Here we are in early March, after brewing and fermenting some fun and interesting beers. The beer styles we envisioned brewing are now all fermented and beginning their next leg of their journey to Chicago. We were very happy with the results in the brewhouse—we hit our target temperatures, gravities, oxygenation and even our yeast cell counts went as planned.
The final recipes included the following beers and qualities:
Rich, full, amazing.. yeah, we are talking One Village Coffee, but we are also talking about the experience of their operation as we had the distinct privilege to be part of a cupping of four coffees hosted by their Chief Roaster, Woody DeCasere. This is episode two (see episode 1) of a series that will […]
Well, folks, we have reached the twilight hour of our beloved Yakima Twilight for the season and we want to take this moment to thank you for making this brand our most successful seasonal launch to date.
Your thirst caused us to DOUBLE our initial production expectations for Yakima Twilight. We are so pleased that you hung in there for this wild ride of deep, dark roasted malts and bright and brassy hops. We thought that we challenging you with big flavor and you turned tables on us by demanding more than we expected. We make a great team, huh?
In case you missed it, we hosted a Tweetup here at Victory on December 28. The event was a fascinating exchange of ideas and wisdom ignited by creative souls who come to give, not take. The event brought out some heavy Twitter mavens (see below). All of this creative giving is really having a positive […]
Bill Covaleski of Victory Brewing breaks down what is probably the biggest story of 2009 for Victory Brewing Company: The New Fermentation Tanks.
Developing and launching a new beer takes months and months of trial and production, and during that time the Brewer’s of Victory spend many an intimate moment with the emerging product; tasting it over and over and over again (rough job but someone has to do it). So we thought we would sit them all […]
Search the VBC Website
- 20 Things You Need to Know About Victory Brewing Company as We Celebrate Our 20th Anniversary February 10, 2016
- Recipe: Bake Vital IPA-Infused Chocolate Cupcakes for Valentine’s Day February 3, 2016
- Victory-Infused Game-Day Appetizers to Whip Up for a Crowd January 16, 2016
- The 12 Days of December- Last Minute Gift Ideas December 23, 2015
- Tour Victory’s Parkesburg Brewing Facility Today—& Make a Stop at the New Brewpub Too! December 16, 2015
- Difficult Decision June 22, 2011
- More Victory to Love March 20, 2012
- Victory Answers Your Questions October 4, 2012
- You Ask, We Answer June 28, 2011
- You’re Invited: Red Wednesday November 8, 2012
- Brad Katenkamp: I just wanted to raise my glass and say thank you ...
- Administrator: Hello, All of our beers are made with non-gmo ing...
- Vishal: Hi Victory Team. I am a great Victory brew fa...
- Administrator: Hi Mike, All of our beers are made with non-gmo i...
- Administrator: Hi Colleen, You can take our self-guided tour i...