With Halloween right around the corner, it’s time to plan ahead. And we’re not talking about costumes or party ideas or anything like that. We’re talking about the stuff that matters – candy and beer and creating the perfect adults-only pairing. Our esteemed panel of judges (read: anyone who was in yelling distance and hungry/thirsty […]
Archive | Pairing RSS feed for this section
The old yarn that men drink beer and women drink wine is yesterday’s news, but we set out to find out why. Women are lifting pints and are doing so—according to our panel—more than they sip on vino. Flavorful craft beer enjoyment has something to do with it. According to Paste, women ages 21–34 consume craft […]
Expect the unexpected when giving our menu and daily menu additions the once-over. You’ll find delights from around the world cooked up to pair perfectly with our fresh drafts. Fear not, hungry Victory regulars: your bar favorites are still being made daily. Wings of Victory, the hand tossed pretzel, fried pickles, the jerk grinder, the […]
When I was growing up we always had one neighbor who pulled a wagon with him as he took his children trick-or-treating. As a youngin’ I was too preoccupied with my quest for candy to pay much attention to what was he was lugging. I just assumed he might need to tote some candy when […]
About this time last year we shared with everyone our picks for pairing Thanksgiving Dinner and Victory beer, but for 2010 we wanted to take it one step further. This year we asked our acclaimed Brewpub chefs to compile their secret recipes featuring Victory beer. As soon as we saw what they put together we […]
For the full Storm King experience listen to SK Radio with your next Storm King Stout. Anyone out there remember when Storm King Stout was just a seasonal beer? Released in October, it was welcomed by all when the ‘crisp’ nights’ of autumn turned downright cold and Storm King cast some inner light to challenge […]
In case you missed it, we hosted a Tweetup here at Victory on December 28. The event was a fascinating exchange of ideas and wisdom ignited by creative souls who come to give, not take. The event brought out some heavy Twitter mavens (see below). All of this creative giving is really having a positive […]
Victory in Vermont week continues with a Vermont Cheese and Victory Beer pairing with Head Brewer and Co-Founder Bill Covaleski and host of the popular Here For The Beer show Amy Brady at her cozy Forty Putney Rd Bed and Breakfast in Brattleboro Vermont. The combination of two artisians at the the top of their […]
Sometimes you view an item on a menu and a train wreck of ingredients and influences rolls in your mind as your stomach turns in empathetic reflex. I had a much milder reaction when I read “Maine Sea Urchin and Toasted Nori Risotto, Bonito Yuzu Emulsion” on the Victory beer pairing menu devised by Nectar’s […]
Yeah, we totally thought the same thing. Beets and Beer?! Not a good idea, right? Well, as it turns out from this great food pairing video shot at the Buckeye Beer Engine by our friend @chimney23 (Timothy Ingalls) it’s doesn’t look half bad, especially when that beer is a Victory Whirlwind Witbier. Here’s what Timothy […]
Search the VBC Website
- Recipe: Victory-Infused Thanksgiving Turkey & Gravy November 20, 2015
- The Journey of Hops to Victory Brewing Company November 18, 2015
- Halloween: Beer + Candy = Game Changer October 28, 2015
- Attention Female Drinkers—Why Are You Choosing Beer over Wine? October 9, 2015
- Everything You Need to Know About Victory’s Brand New Community Fund October 1, 2015
- Difficult Decision June 22, 2011
- More Victory to Love March 20, 2012
- You Ask, We Answer June 28, 2011
- Victory Answers Your Questions October 4, 2012
- You’re Invited: Red Wednesday November 8, 2012
- Burt Benenson: Just out of curiousity, which of your beers would ...
- Max: Hi Lauren, When will Parkeaburg Brew Pub be op...
- Victory Brewing Company: Hi Gail! Sorry we didn't see this until now. Hope...
- Paul Wish: You guys saved the best for last! Golden Monkey ...
- Cory: I can't think of pairing beer with candy, but I c...