When Bill and Ron first met in 1973 as 5th graders, their biggest concern was finding a good spot to get into trouble after school. Over their 39 years of friendship (so far), those stresses changed: Who to take to the prom? Where to go to college? How to secure a real job? And then, […]
Archive | Ron RSS feed for this section
Back in 1978, Bill and Ron attended their very first concert together at Philadelphia’s premier concert venue: the Spectrum. As they rocked out to Ted Nugent, Bill and Ron became part of Philadelphia’s entertainment history. Little did they know, 33 years later the Spectrum would be just a memory. And they certainly had no idea […]
By Bill Covaleski Sixteen years ago today, Victory Brewing Company was born, so to speak. With the opening of our doors on this day (February 15, 1996) that we officially began operations. Today, as we celebrate the sweetness of 16 years in business, we take a moment to reflect on where we started. Our desire […]
The term Terroir comes from the French word terre, meaning “land.” The brewery here in Downingtown, has become a land of creativity and experimentation as we create the beers you know and love. In fact, you might consider the brewery to be a “Terroir” of Innovation. Why are we providing you with a vocabulary lesson […]
It’s the time of year when many of us take some time away from the hustle and bustle of daily life to step back and really examine all that we have to be thankful for. We here at Victory are lucky. Not many people get to spend their days in a brewery, surrounded by imported […]
If you have been following our blog for any amount of time, you have gotten to know a handful of the wonderful Victory staffers who are hard at work to make your beer enjoyment possible. Victory’s president and co-founder, Bill Covaleski keeps you posted about his latest endeavors and travels. You met Berry and heard […]
Victory receives Lifetime Membership award from PASAThe saying goes that it is “better to give than to receive” and so in this time of gift giving, we at Victory find ourselves extremely grateful in that we’ve experienced quite a year of both giving and receiving. On the giving side, we are proud to list […]
Christmas of 1985 I gave Ron a homebrewing kit. Eight years later, on New Years Eve, we convinced our wives to let us write a brewery business plan. So I guess the Holidays will always be tied to big adventures and big ambitions for us. But ambition and adventure also need a quiet place to […]
Featuring four hops from America’s heartland of hop-growing, the Yakima Valley of Washington State, our new Yakima Twilight serves as a celebration of American hops. “I thought of hop farmers as I formulated this beer. I wanted to create a malty platform to showcase the intense flavors and aromas that these dedicated hop-farmers have developed […]
Search the VBC Website
- 12 Days of December December 10, 2014
- 6 Wing Flavors to Try NOW at Victory December 8, 2014
- Share the Holiday Cheer – Great Gifts for the Beer Lover November 26, 2014
- Meet Victory: Steph Hoffmeier November 21, 2014
- Meet Victory: Ian Jenkins October 28, 2014
- Difficult Decision June 22, 2011
- More Victory to Love March 20, 2012
- You Ask, We Answer June 28, 2011
- You’re Invited: Red Wednesday November 8, 2012
- Monster Mutant Mashups? October 14, 2010
- IPA: The honey barbeque is fantastic.....believe me, yo...
- Madeline Rice: Hey Dan! Earth & Flame is hitting Western PA n...
- Dan: Any chance of Earth & Flame making it to distr...
- Madeline Rice: Because of the limited quantity, there will not be...
- Jeff: Are we able to fill a growler with this or is it j...