Bill and Ron’s excellent adventure has been frequently scribed over the years: the chance school bus meeting in fifth grade, the thoughtful home brewing kit gift and the friendly rivalry that developed into new careers in the beer industry and eventually—gloriously—into Victory Brewing Company. Still, it wasn’t always sunshine and roses for our co-founders Bill Covaleski […]
Archive | Ron RSS feed for this section
There’s an old yarn that tells the tale of medieval people quaffing beer because it was safer to drink than water. True? Who can tell for certain? Sounds like a happy place where our often-hoppy beers would fit right in. Even Prevention recently gave beer props for its—dare we say—healthful properties. One thing we can be […]
Sales meetings are stuffy, day-long events filled with PowerPoints, statistics and lots of coffee, right? Not here, where getting business done is important, but so is fun. And beer. And beer pairings. And a good throw-down. We put our employees to the test during National Sales Week held recently in Downingtown, challenging them to brew […]
In honor of our 19th anniversary, we wanted to share 19 little known facts about Victory with all of you! Enjoy! 1. Victory Brewing Company was originally conceived as Independence Brewing Company. 2. Ron and Bill used to deliver beer in our first truck. 3. Victory was said to have the longest […]
When Bill and Ron first met in 1973 as 5th graders, their biggest concern was finding a good spot to get into trouble after school. Over their 39 years of friendship (so far), those stresses changed: Who to take to the prom? Where to go to college? How to secure a real job? And then, […]
Back in 1978, Bill and Ron attended their very first concert together at Philadelphia’s premier concert venue: the Spectrum. As they rocked out to Ted Nugent, Bill and Ron became part of Philadelphia’s entertainment history. Little did they know, 33 years later the Spectrum would be just a memory. And they certainly had no idea […]
By Bill Covaleski Sixteen years ago today, Victory Brewing Company was born, so to speak. With the opening of our doors on this day (February 15, 1996) that we officially began operations. Today, as we celebrate the sweetness of 16 years in business, we take a moment to reflect on where we started. Our desire […]
The term Terroir comes from the French word terre, meaning “land.” The brewery here in Downingtown, has become a land of creativity and experimentation as we create the beers you know and love. In fact, you might consider the brewery to be a “Terroir” of Innovation. Why are we providing you with a vocabulary lesson […]
It’s the time of year when many of us take some time away from the hustle and bustle of daily life to step back and really examine all that we have to be thankful for. We here at Victory are lucky. Not many people get to spend their days in a brewery, surrounded by imported […]
If you have been following our blog for any amount of time, you have gotten to know a handful of the wonderful Victory staffers who are hard at work to make your beer enjoyment possible. Victory’s president and co-founder, Bill Covaleski keeps you posted about his latest endeavors and travels. You met Berry and heard […]
Search the VBC Website
- Raising a Pint to Pops June 14, 2016
- 3 Beer-Infused Finger Foods to Whip Up for Your Spring & Summer Parties June 10, 2016
- A Victory for Sustainbility! April 22, 2016
- Prima Pils Poached Shrimp Flatbread April 16, 2016
- Follow RJ Around the World – European Edition April 12, 2016
- Difficult Decision June 22, 2011
- More Victory to Love March 20, 2012
- Victory Answers Your Questions October 4, 2012
- You Ask, We Answer June 28, 2011
- You’re Invited: Red Wednesday November 8, 2012
- Administrator: Hi Tina, Moonglow is one of our favorites as well ...
- Tina B: Will Moonglow be back in August? My absolute favor...
- Administrator: Sean, We're glad you enjoyed our brewpub! Hope yo...
- Sean Sullivan: I was fortunate to be up there for a business trip...
- Bill Covaleski: Linda, thanks for writing us. The HopDevil agrees ...