When Bill and Ron first met in 1973 as 5th graders, their biggest concern was finding a good spot to get into trouble after school. Over their 39 years of friendship (so far), those stresses changed: Who to take to the prom? Where to go to college? How to secure a real job? And then, [...]
Archive | Ron RSS feed for this section
Back in 1978, Bill and Ron attended their very first concert together at Philadelphia’s premier concert venue: the Spectrum. As they rocked out to Ted Nugent, Bill and Ron became part of Philadelphia’s entertainment history. Little did they know, 33 years later the Spectrum would be just a memory. And they certainly had no idea [...]
By Bill Covaleski Sixteen years ago today, Victory Brewing Company was born, so to speak. With the opening of our doors on this day (February 15, 1996) that we officially began operations. Today, as we celebrate the sweetness of 16 years in business, we take a moment to reflect on where we started. Our desire [...]
The term Terroir comes from the French word terre, meaning “land.” The brewery here in Downingtown, has become a land of creativity and experimentation as we create the beers you know and love. In fact, you might consider the brewery to be a “Terroir” of Innovation. Why are we providing you with a vocabulary lesson [...]
It’s the time of year when many of us take some time away from the hustle and bustle of daily life to step back and really examine all that we have to be thankful for. We here at Victory are lucky. Not many people get to spend their days in a brewery, surrounded by imported [...]
If you have been following our blog for any amount of time, you have gotten to know a handful of the wonderful Victory staffers who are hard at work to make your beer enjoyment possible. Victory’s president and co-founder, Bill Covaleski keeps you posted about his latest endeavors and travels. You met Berry and heard [...]
Victory receives Lifetime Membership award from PASAThe saying goes that it is “better to give than to receive” and so in this time of gift giving, we at Victory find ourselves extremely grateful in that we’ve experienced quite a year of both giving and receiving. On the giving side, we are proud to list [...]
Christmas of 1985 I gave Ron a homebrewing kit. Eight years later, on New Years Eve, we convinced our wives to let us write a brewery business plan. So I guess the Holidays will always be tied to big adventures and big ambitions for us. But ambition and adventure also need a quiet place to [...]
Featuring four hops from America’s heartland of hop-growing, the Yakima Valley of Washington State, our new Yakima Twilight serves as a celebration of American hops. “I thought of hop farmers as I formulated this beer. I wanted to create a malty platform to showcase the intense flavors and aromas that these dedicated hop-farmers have developed [...]
Search the VBC Website
- A Victory for the Holidays! November 27, 2013
- Meet Victory: Bryan Audet November 26, 2013
- Parkesburg Rising: First Test Brew November 7, 2013
- Hoppy Halloween! October 29, 2013
- Claiming Victory October 10, 2013
- Difficult Decision June 22, 2011
- More Victory to Love March 20, 2012
- You’re Invited: Red Wednesday November 8, 2012
- You Ask, We Answer June 28, 2011
- Monster Mutant Mashups? October 14, 2010
- MaryBeth K: So exciting! I am a Jersey Girl living in the UK....
- Rob Absten: So, three more states and three new countries but ...
- Willy: Also not happy with the move to four-packs. A mar...
- Kalin W: YES YES! Victory is a staple in my household. We m...
- Gaspasser: Where is it? I look forward every year to this be...