Victory by the Numbers
1996 Victory Brewing Company OPENS ITS DOORS in Downingtown, PA
141,671 BARRELS OF VICTORY BEER sold in 2015
10 YEAR-ROUND BRANDS—Headwaters Ale, HopDevil IPA, Prima Pils, Golden Monkey, DirtWolf Double IPA, Storm King Stout, Victory Helles Lager, Donnybrook Stout, V Twelve and Vital IPA
15+ SEASONAL AND SPECIALTY BRANDS— Anniversary Ale, Anniversary XX, Helios Ale, Hop Ranch Imperial IPA, Summer Love Ale, Kirsch Gose, Tart Ten, Cage Radler, Sour Monkey, Festbier, Moonglow Weizenbock, Selene Saison, Winter Cheers, Harvest Ale, Old Horizontal, our Blackboard Series and more to come!
70 YEAST STRAINS available to our brewmasters
35 STATES (+D.C.) that make up our national distribution footprint
9 COUNTRIES THAT CARRY VICTORY BEER— Australia, the Cayman Islands, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Singapore, Sweden and the United Kingdom
7,000,000 POUNDS OF WASTE diverted from landfills in 2015.
3,250 TONS of spent grain used to feed hungry local farm animals in 2015
Virtual Brewery Tour
Take a virtual tour of our Downingtown, PA brewing facility to learn how your favorite Victory beers are made.
- Victory was founded in 1996 in Downingtown, Pa. by Bill Covaleski and Ron Barchet. They met on a school bus in 1973 when they were in the fifth grade.
- The original lineup of Victory beers was HopDevil Ale, Victory Festbier and Brandywine Valley Lager.
- The HopDevil character existed in Bill’s mind, and on paper, before HopDevil beer was ever brewed. He drew it, and decided he would like to brew a beer and name it HopDevil.
- Victory is one of only a few breweries in the country that uses whole flower hops in its beer. Almost all breweries used pelletized hops instead. Whole flower hops are a purer form, and the brewers at Victory believe they impart better flavor and aroma to beer.
- Victory also brews and bottles its own root beer. The root beer is currently available on draft in the brewpub, and by the six-pack and case in the Victory retail shop.